Medpark Pediatric Center – services at international standards
The Medpark multidisciplinary hospital has developed a modern Pediatric Center, which employs a highly qualified staff and has all the necessary infrastructure for continuous and comprehensive evaluation and monitoring of the child’s health. A warm and smiling team who deeply understands the psychological needs of children, will provide the little ones a comfortable and stress-free medical experience.
Why choose the Pediatric Center of Medpark International Hospital?
- The chance of multidisciplinary examination of patients (neurologist, ENT, allergist, gastroenterologist, nephrologist, surgeon, etc.);
- Professional medical team, who works very closely with other departments in emergency cases;
- Pediatric support and complex investigations available any time, 24/7 (in case of emergency) with continuous medical supervision and monitoring of children by the pediatric team;
- 24/7 hospitalization in comfortable rooms with an extra bed;
- The chance of hospitalization during the day – 3-6 hours, with infusion therapy in the emergency department and stabilization of the condition under continuous medical supervision;
- The rooms are equipped with antibacterial filters, the risk of re-infection is excluded during hospitalization;
- Playground for children within the hospital, which reduces or even eliminates the children’s fear of being in hospital.
Pediatrics is the medical specialty that deals with the study of physiology and pathology of the child from infancy through adolescence. Medical consultation is carried out by the pediatrician, who evaluates the physical and psychomotor condition of the child. The pediatrician will diagnose respiratory, digestive, neurological, cardiac diseases, allergies etc. during the prophylactic consultations.
The pediatric consultation includes:
- Basic consultation, patient examination:
– monitoring of the physical and neuropsychological condition of the child;
– the functional status of the child’s systems and organs are assessed;
– estimation of the reflexes, muscle tone, condition of the sense organs: sight, hearing, smell;
– assessment of weight, length, head circumference.
- Laboratory / functional tests (laboratory analysis, ultrasound, X-ray, other specialists consultations, etc.);
- Repeated consultation (examination of the patient after treatment or investigations);
- Elaboration of a treatment plan (the treatment is indicated following the investigations or within the primary consultation, depending on the situation).
Specialties available for children:
- Pediatric allergology;
- Pediatric endocrinology;
- Pediatric gastroenterology;
- Pediatric nephrology;
- Pediatric neurology;
- Pediatric orthopedics.