Urology is the specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the genitourinary system, as well as the male reproductive system, both therapeutic and surgical. Urology is closely linked with oncology, nephrology, gynecology and endocrinology.
The medical approach of urological disorders is combined with surgical correction of congenital abnormalities or of some cancer forms in the urogenital area. Investigation of urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction, male infertility, pediatric urology – these are the objectives of the urologist specialist.
The most common urological interventions at Medpark:
- Tranvesical adenomectomy
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Uretral stent installation
- Radical nefrectomy
- Renal cyst excision
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of the bladder (TURV)
- Varicocele surgery
- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy
Laparoscopic urology is a minimally invasive method of surgical treatment of urological diseases. During laparoscopic surgery, in the abdominal cavity of the patient small incisions (5 to 10 mm) are made. The risk of postoperative complications is also minimal. The method is applicable to:
- Renal cysts;
Endoscopic Urology is a surgical method of treatment of urological diseases, without making incisions in the abdominal cavity. It is applicable to:
- bladder tumors;
- kidney stones;
- prostate adenom;
- urethral strictures, ureters stenting.
Advantages of urologic surgery at Medpark:
- Minimally invasive interventions;
- Next-generation equipment;
- Low level of pain;
- Cosmetic effect;
- Short period of rehabilitation;
- Hospitalization for only 2 to 4 days (individual);
- Postoperative care at international standards;
- higher pressure sterile air is directed over the operating table, especially over the wound, so the surrounding air (for example, the breath of the medical personnel) wouldn’t get into the wound – ensuring sterility and minimum risk of infection and post-operative complications;
- HEPA – filters with automatic control in order to maintain sterility in the operating room. Air sterility ensures rapid postoperative recovery of patients (a few days earlier than in other hospitals), the risk of complications due to infections is minimal;
- Cell-saver – autotransfusion system. The blood of the patient is transfused to himself, so there is no contact with foreign blood, which can be quite risky for the patient;
- Hemofiltration device for cleaning the patient’s blood.