Medpark International Hospital provides, to all who suffer from different endocrine disorders, a complete medical circuit through a comprehensive program of diagnosis and treatment that include:
specialized consultations, medical tests, ultrasound, thyroid punctures, surgical interventions, treatment and monitoring.
Endocrinology is the branch of medicine that studies the endocrine system and hormone disorders associated with it. The 7 human endocrine glands produce hormones that drive most basic functions of the body. Food nutrient metabolism, maintenance of blood glucose levels, blood pressure, ionic balance, energy production, functioning of reproductive and sexual system, bone and skin health, growth and harmonious development – everything is under control of the endocrine system. Hormonal dysfunction can lead to many diseases, including diabetes, obesity, thyroid disease, osteoporosis, infertility.
Medpark International Hospital offers endocrinologist services, personalized through a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach, that integrates conservative medicine, surgery, imaging, laboratory investigations, all in one center.
- Endocrinology doctor consultation, which includes:
- Primary consultation (examination of the patient);
- Investigations, functional tests;
- Repeated consultation (examination of the patient after the treatment or indicated investigations);
- Development of treatment plan.
- Ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsy
- Cytological examination
- Installation of insulin pumps for patients with diabetes
- Continuous glucose monitoring
Also, we perform detection, diagnosis, treatment, recovery and monitoring of patients who suffer from:
- diabetes (diagnosis, assessment of compensation level, severity, nutrition therapy, selection of hypoglycemic treatment, complications screening)
- thyroid disease (diagnosis, functional assessment, treatment, establishing indications for surgical treatment);
- parathyroid pathology;
- adrenal gland disorder;
- hypothalamic-pituitary disorders;
- gonadal dysfunction (ovaries, testicles);
Very important to mention, the cytological diagnosis of thyroid nodules - fine-needle aspiration puncture under ultrasound guideline – represents the gold standard for the differential diagnosis (benign / malignant) of thyroid lesions, which guides the subsequent therapeutic approach.