Breast care is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis, treatment and prevention of breast diseases such as: cysts, lactostasis, mastitis, breast cancer and others.
The emergence of these diseases is most often due to changes in the body, such as puberty, menopause or pregnancy in women. Although most patients are women, men can also suffer from such diseases.
Annual breast investigation is mandatory if you meet one or more of the risk factors:
- early menstruation beginning (up to 12 years old) and late menopause (after 55 years old);
- late first pregnancy or first childbirth after 30 years;
- early or too frequent abortions;
- early weaning or short period lactation;
- exposure to radiation;
- sedentary way of life;
- increased consumption of alcohol (more than 3 drinks per week);
- breast pain (cysts);
- hormone therapy (under investigation);
- the existence of cases of breast cancer in the family;
- contraceptive use (under investigation);
- gynecological diseases accompanied by disorders of function of the ovaries;
- hormonal disorders caused by diseases of the thyroid, pituitary, adrenal gland, administration of contraceptive pills (means) without control, overweight;
- prolonged nervous breakdown or prolonged mental stress, which may lead to changes in the secretory function of the endocrine system.
For effective treatment of mastopathies and breast cancer, it is necessary to diagnose the disease at an early stage. In most cases, the woman can detect the pathology by herself. This requires regular self-examination, which allows detection of pathology at the first stage. The breasts can be examined in the 7th-10th day after the start of menstruation, or if in menopause you can do this on the first day of each month.
Apart from self-examination, in order to detect breast pathologies in their initial stage, a regular mammologist consultation is recommended 1 time per year after the age of 40 years.
Mammography is an x-ray of the breast, allowing detection of changes in its structure a few years before the symptoms can be detected by self-examination or clinical examination. Given that breast cancer is the second most common oncological disease in Moldova, to prevent it is necessary to conduct a mammogram yearly.
Next-generation equipment used at Medpark ensures a mammography exam in comfortable conditions in just a few minutes. Highly accurate results are delivered the same day, together with the evaluation of the physician. The procedure is quite simple, safe and can be done beginning from the 10 day after the first day of menstruation, but doctor's appointment can be made in advance, at: 0 22 40 00 40
Why you should do a mammography:
- Breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in the Republic of Moldova, with up to 900 new cases detected annually;
- Breast cancer is an asymptomatic disease, the risk of which increases with age (especially after 40 years);
- Mammography can reduce the rate of death from breast cancer by more than a third;
- Most patients in Moldova are addressing to the doctor too late, when treatment is more difficult or ineffective.